THE DANCING SCHOOL HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED AS COVID-19 SECURE
- ·Please do not bring your child/children to class if they are unwell. They will not miss a lesson because there will be an online class for them to follow on the Private Group Page.
- ·We will now only be able to allow 1 parent with 1 or 2 children (twins) in class. No other adults or siblings will be allowed because of restricted numbers.
- ·Parents do need to Social distance and stay within the area marked out.
- ·Hand Sanitiser stations are available upon entry and exit.
- ·Children need to bring a drink in their dance bag so please ensure the top is secure. DEFINITELY NO FOOD /SNACKS/SWEETS/CHOCOLATE TO BE BROUGHT INTO THE HALL. Unfortunately our usual celebration of birthdays with cake etc will now have to cease until such time we can continue with this celebration, however, we will continue to celebrate birthdays in dance class but in a different way so please don't forget to remind us of your child’s special day so we can be prepared.
To ensure the safety, security and safeguarding of children I want to make you aware of the following procedures:-
We allow a short time for late comers before the front door is locked. Once the class commences no-one is allowed to leave the hall without informing the teachers present and we will then unlock the door to whoever wants to leave, it is difficult to keep the continuity of the class at the correct level and distracting for us and also would put us all in a vulnerable position if the doors and being opened and closed during class time. If anyone leaves the hall during the class time, the doors are again locked and not reopened until the class has finished.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter as we all want the best for our children, and it's important we teach and the children enjoy learning and having fun in a safe, happy, friendly, caring and disciplined environment.
A register for each class is maintained by the teacher and attendance records kept for the purpose of health/safety/security.
This will be used if required for Track and Trace for Covid-19.
Please switch off your mobile phone once the class commences.
If you do not want your child included in any photographs or recordings taken by a teacher during class time which may be shown on social media pages please inform us immediately.
We do not allow photographs or recordings of any kind to be taken by parents, families or friends in all dance classes.
Music and syllabus work is copyright protected.
We do not offer 'trial/taster' classes. We charge only for the 1st lesson which includes insurance during class time and also to give the opportunity to see if the student enjoys and is suited to the class.
Dancing Fees are paid half termly.
We take pride in the professionalism of the School and we enforce a uniform policy so all our dancers look the same, feel comfortable and the focus is on dancing and learning rather than 'what someone else is wearing'. The uniform complies with our Equal Opportunities/Health/Safety/Safeguarding and Insurance Policies.
The complete uniform and shoes are fitted and purchased from the dancing school at a discounted price.
We aim to teach all students in a safe, happy, friendly, caring and disciplined environment and we teach to a Professional Code of Conduct and adhere to the Professional Policies and Procedures set by The Council for Dance, Drama and Musical Theatre. Copies are available on request.